Posted to mailet-api@james.apache.org by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> on 2005/08/19 15:01:49 UTC

Adding getName to Mail

- I would like to add the getName() method to the Mailet's Mail interface.
This would allow us to make most of James "Mail" compliant.
Currently if you send a Mail that is not a MailImpl you will get a lot of
ClassCast around (so James is not fully Mailet compliant now).

- I would also like to add "@deprecate" to the unused "bounce"  (we got 2
bounce method, 1 is not used) method in the MailetContext interface.

- storeMail is marked as deprecate but now alternative has been given: I
think we should undeprecate it or provide an hint on how to store a Mail (I
don't know how, currently).

----

I have more changes for Mailet APIs in mind, but I think we need at least
the getName by now.

Stefano