Posted to users@ws.apache.org by Chris Bailey <ch...@codeintensity.com> on 2002/10/26 00:35:33 UTC

Authentication and XmlRpcClientLite - doesn't work?

It appears that the XmlRpcClientLite doesn't properly handle Authentication.
I can switch my client code between XmlRpcClient and XmlRpcClientLite and
when I use Lite, Authentication always fails.  I briefly looked at the
source and it appears the Lite version at least pays attention to
authentication, but the result doesn't work.  Anyone else seeing this?  I
was hoping to use the Lite client for faster/better performance combined
with setKeepAlive.

I saw one or two old emails in the archives, but no answers on this same
topic.  Any commentary?

__
Chris Bailey       mailto:chris@codeintensity.com
Code Intensity     http://www.codeintensity.com

Re: Authentication and XmlRpcClientLite - doesn't work?

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
"Chris Bailey" <ch...@codeintensity.com> writes:

> It appears that the XmlRpcClientLite doesn't properly handle Authentication.
> I can switch my client code between XmlRpcClient and XmlRpcClientLite and
> when I use Lite, Authentication always fails.  I briefly looked at the
> source and it appears the Lite version at least pays attention to
> authentication, but the result doesn't work.  Anyone else seeing this?  I
> was hoping to use the Lite client for faster/better performance combined
> with setKeepAlive.
>
> I saw one or two old emails in the archives, but no answers on this same
> topic.  Any commentary?

Chris, I don't know the specifics, but Andrew and Ryan are working on
refactoring the whole Client* goat rodeo to make things a little more
friendly to use.  If you can sit tight for a bit, you'll soon have a
crack at their work.
--

Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>

Re: Authentication and XmlRpcClientLite - doesn't work?

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.