Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Elliotte Rusty Harold <el...@metalab.unc.edu> on 2003/03/01 18:28:59 UTC

Java versions supported

What is the earliest version of Java supported by this software? 1.3?
1.2? 1.1? (It might be nice to put this information somewhere obvious on
the web page or the install page.)

--
Rusty

Re: Java versions supported

Posted by Christian Geuer-Pollmann <ge...@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de>.

--On Samstag, 1. März 2003 12:28 -0500 Elliotte Rusty Harold
<el...@metalab.unc.edu> wrote:

> What is the earliest version of Java supported by this software? 1.3?
> 1.2? 1.1? (It might be nice to put this information somewhere obvious on
> the web page or the install page.)

I must admit that I never tested 'older' versions. I started developing
with JDK 1.3.1 (and try hard to stay compatible with this one).
java.net.URI from JDK1.4 makes this effort really hard ;-)

Did anyone ever test this? I did not...

Christian