Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Ricardo Rog <ri...@softproject.de> on 2009/12/09 15:36:07 UTC

[TRINIDAD]Suppressing Validation during PartialPageRequest

Hello,

I want to change the state of a navigationBar via partial page request in
dependency of a value chosen in a selectOneChoice-dropdown. In the same form
are some required-fields. Whenever I enter the form (all required fields are
blank) and change the drop-down I get validation errors and the necessary
change of the navigationBar is prohibited. How can I suppress the validation
for this event only, so the navigationBar gets updated, but when I try to
navigate then validation should happen.

With kind regards

Ricardo Rog

AW: [TRINIDAD]Suppressing Validation during PartialPageRequest

Posted by Döring Markus <Ma...@tcc-products.de>.
Hello,

should work if you put the drop-down in an own subform.
e.g.

		<!-- Navigation Items here -->
		<!-- Required form fields here -->

Another solution could be to make the selectOneChoice autoSubmit="true" and immediate="true", just test what better fits your needs.

Regards
Markus

Re: [TRINIDAD]Suppressing Validation during PartialPageRequest

Posted by Mamallan Uthaman <ma...@oracle.com>.
Hi Ricardo,

Did you try immediate = "true" in your selectOneChoice-dropdown?

Thanks
Mamallan