Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by John Slave <sl...@libero.it> on 2006/03/24 01:14:57 UTC

Ajax jsf component panel

Hi,

i wish to create an ajax component panel that is simply a panel with
particular javascript effect to expand and contract. However i found a
solution but i don't know if this is the right solution. I will use dwr
servlet to communicate by ajax (as explained in blue prints catalog
article) but the render inside will be always available but
hidden...because i don't know how i can render and put the result via
ajax...
Someone can tell me if it is a correct solution? Some suggestion?

Thank you
Yours faithfully
John Slave

Re: Ajax jsf component panel

Posted by Jonas Jacobi <jo...@oracle.com>.
Hi John,

There is a sample "component palette" in our book (we call it Deck
component) that you can look at. The source is available from the Apress
website.

Pro JSF and Ajax: Building Rich Internet Components
<http://apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=10044>
(http://apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=10044)

Regards,
Jonas

--
*Author*: Pro JSF and Ajax: Building Rich Internet Components
<http://apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=10044>

Re: Ajax jsf component panel

Posted by John Slave <sl...@libero.it>.
I want to use ajax to conditional render components (if the component is
closed there is no need to load the components...however these effects
can be achieved without ajax...)

Thank you
John Slave

Re: Ajax jsf component panel

Posted by Gerald Müllan <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi John,

--
Gerald Müllan
Schelleingasse 2/11

Re: Ajax jsf component panel

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
You might take a look at the
org.apache.myfaces.custom.accordion.HtmlAccordionPanel in the MyFaces
Tomahawk sandbox.