Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Kevin Bosak <ph...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/06 15:23:32 UTC

Perl block handler problems

Hi all,
  I was trying to set up some perl code to configure my apache server
dynamically and came across this:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache2/PerlSections.html#Advanced_API.
 Upon trying it out however, I could not get it working correctly.  It
seems that the Perl code in the <Perl> block is getting executed fine, but
there are problems when trying to parse the "handler=xxx" portion of the
opening tag.

For example, if I have <Perl handler="Foo">  it will complain that "Foo" can
not be found in @INC.  However, if I leave the quotes off of the module,
<Perl handler=Foo>, it seems to work fine.  Also, the example in the docs
shows the handler method being defined as "sub My::Handler::handler :
handler " which for me gives an error.  Though using the ": method"
attribute works.

So, is the handler feature of Perl blocks just not yet working right?  Has
anyone else had luck with it?  Are the docs incorrect?

mod_perl 2.0.4
apache 2.2.13
perl 5.10.1

Thanks,
Kevin

Re: Perl block handler problems

Posted by Kevin Bosak <ph...@gmail.com>.
I don't mean to be a pest but I'd like to further explore using handlers for
Perl sections.  Does anyone have any info on this or can point me in another
direction?

I guess I can just put my dynamic configs in a perl module that's not called
as a handler and just 'use' it in the apache config, right?  I know I can
put it in a Perl section using the default handler but I'd like to have my
perl code in a separate module and not the apache config.