Posted to pylucene-dev@lucene.apache.org by Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org> on 2020/04/22 15:25:58 UTC

Re: Pylucene patch

  Hi Marc,

On Wed, 22 Apr 2020, Marc Jeurissen wrote:

> Hi Andi,
>
> I refer to this problem
> https://www.mail-archive.com/pylucene-dev@lucene.apache.org/msg02640.html
>
> You fixed it in JCC’s trunk, but apparently not in the official Pylucene release.
> This means that every time we install Pylucene, we encounter the same problem and have to correct it from a local JCC trunk.
>
> Can this be fixed please?

This bug is fixed and the fix is available in this release candidate:
   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/pylucene/8.3.0-rc1/

For it to become an actual release, it needs 3 PMC votes (mine and 2 more).
The vote, which should go for three days has been open since November 3rd,
2019 (not an unusual situation on this project).

As of today, according to my mail records, only you and me voted for this
release. That's even less than the usual low turnout.

We still need two more PMC votes and it helps if pylucene users vote too,
that way I can nag the PMC for their votes.

All, please vote to release PyLucene 8.3.0-rc1 as PyLucene 8.3.0 !

Andi..

Re: Pylucene patch

Posted by Jeff Breidenbach <je...@jab.org>.
+1

Re: Pylucene patch

Posted by Aric Coady <ar...@gmail.com>.
> On Apr 22, 2020, at 8:25 AM, Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org> wrote:
>

> Hi Marc,
>
> On Wed, 22 Apr 2020, Marc Jeurissen wrote:
>
>> Hi Andi,
>>
>> I refer to this problem
>> https://www.mail-archive.com/pylucene-dev@lucene.apache.org/msg02640.html
>>
>> You fixed it in JCC’s trunk, but apparently not in the official Pylucene release.
>> This means that every time we install Pylucene, we encounter the same problem and have to correct it from a local JCC trunk.
>>
>> Can this be fixed please?
>
> This bug is fixed and the fix is available in this release candidate:
>  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/pylucene/8.3.0-rc1/
>
> For it to become an actual release, it needs 3 PMC votes (mine and 2 more).
> The vote, which should go for three days has been open since November 3rd, 2019 (not an unusual situation on this project).
>
> As of today, according to my mail records, only you and me voted for this release. That's even less than the usual low turnout.
>
> We still need two more PMC votes and it helps if pylucene users vote too, that way I can nag the PMC for their votes.
>
> All, please vote to release PyLucene 8.3.0-rc1 as PyLucene 8.3.0 !

+1.  rc builds available:

- docker pull coady/pylucene:rc
- brew install coady/tap/pylucene —devel