Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Tianzhen Lin <ta...@usa.net> on 2013/07/20 16:43:47 UTC

IntelliJ IDEA and Flex CSS/skinning

This may be a bit out of topic, but I have been using IntelliJ IDEA for Flex
development for quite some time.  The coding experiencing has been a bliss,
except when it comes writing CSS for Flex, the IDE does not seem to provide
code complete support as fluent as Flash Builder.  I wonder if anyone in the
group may have experienced this and have a solution.

As for creating skins, the only one way to get IntelliJ to scaffold a skin
is to declare the skin via skinClass.  At times, I would like to create skin
similar to the workflow in Flash Builder where I can initiate a skin
creation, and pick the component I would like to skin.  Any thoughts if this
can also be achieved in IntelliJ?

Tangent

Re: IntelliJ IDEA and Flex CSS/skinning

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Tianzhen,

I'm in the same situation and now that you put this issue on the table I
just created the following ticket in you track:

http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-110830

Please vote for it and spread the word if you want attention from Alexander.

Best,

Carlos

--
Carlos Rovira
Director de Tecnología

Re: IntelliJ IDEA and Flex CSS/skinning

Posted by Roland Zwaga <ro...@stackandheap.com>.

--
regards,
Roland

Posted by Nick Collins <nd...@gmail.com>.
Hey guys, on a related note, I had also opened this ticket (
http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-107803 ) because of lack of
namespace support in the CSS for Flex development.

I believe most of the Flash/Flex development issues in IDEA are related to
the fact that Jetbrains is using the same JavaScript and CSS editors as
they use for web projects. They don't always account for Flash/Flex
specific functionality, such as CSS namespacing, and showing HTML CSS
properties, like @-moz-keyframes that I don't want to or need to see as a
Flex developer. Please vote for this ticket to help get the issue addressed!

Nick

Please

Posted by Alexander Doroshko <al...@jetbrains.com>.
On 22.07.2013 15:45, Carlos Rovira wrote:
>> Can you please create a short sample for
>> each feature that you ask for? Paste it as a comment or attachment for the
>> issue: [2].
> You refer a skin file sample? or an entire project? The features are more
> described as "usability" so please let me know what you refer and I prepare
> it
I mean more detailed description of each feature request. No need in a
project, sometimes a single line of code is enough. For example part of
your request is already filed as [1] with short (but complete)
description and sample.

[1] http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-63455

Re: IntelliJ IDEA and Flex CSS/skinning

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.