Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Oscar Bernal <os...@vivareal.com> on 2015/04/10 19:36:52 UTC

Apache Drill on EMR

Hi, I tried following this guide on running Apache Drill on EMR.
https://tnachen.wordpress.com/tag/apache-drill/

It's clearly outdated so I made the necessary changes to the script as
explained here https://github.com/awslabs/emr-bootstrap-actions/issues/16
and I also upgraded it to download the latest version.

Despite that I couldn't get it installed. It's possible something is
failing when the service Nanny runs and I have no way to debug what is
going on.

We are trying to test Apache Drill on EMR using HDFS, since currently we
are running Drill distributed, without hadoop, reading data from S3 and so
far the latency seems quite big. EMR looks like a good option to test
however installing drill is proving very complicated.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Oscar

Re: Apache Drill on EMR

Posted by Daniil Osipov <da...@shazam.com>.
I recently made some PRs to the EMR bootstrap project to fix the issues.
Can you try the latest version from master branch, and post what errors
you're getting?

https://github.com/awslabs/emr-bootstrap-actions/tree/master/drill

--

*Dan Osipov*

 *Shazam*

2114 Broadway Street, Redwood City, CA 94063

Please consider the environment before printing this document

Shazam Entertainment Limited is incorporated in England and Wales under
company number 3998831 and its registered office is at 26-28 Hammersmith
Grove, London W6 7HA. Shazam Media Services Inc is a member of the Shazam
Entertainment Limited group of companies.