Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Greg Pagendam-Turner <gr...@liftyourgame.com> on 2011/07/09 02:00:33 UTC

LinkSubmit not rendering class attribute

  Hi,

I have a submit component that uses LinkSubmit.

I want to set the class attribute on the generated link.

<a t:type="linksubmit" class="btn orange" t:context="${value}">${value}</a>

But when the link is rendered I only get:

<a id="linksubmit" href="#"></a>

What happened to the class attribute?

The documentation states that LinkSubmit supports informal parameters.

I'm using Tapestry 5.2.6

Regards,

Greg.

Re: LinkSubmit not rendering class attribute

Posted by Greg Pagendam-Turner <gr...@liftyourgame.com>.
Hi Tony,

Yes I am using tapestry-jquery. Switching to 2.1.1-SNAPSHOT has solved
my issue.

Thank you.

Regards,

Greg.

Posted by Tony Nelson <tn...@starpoint.com>.
Are you by chance using tapestry5-jquery?  If so, make sure you are using 2.1.1-SNAPSHOT.  The behavior you describe exists in 2.1.0.

Tony

On Jul 8, 2011, at 8:48 PM, Taha Hafeez wrote:

> Can you share the code and the generated markup
>

> On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 6:10 AM, Greg Pagendam-Turner
> <gr...@liftyourgame.com>wrote:
>
>> Taha,
>>
>> Strangely I'm not seeing the span despite hitting a breakpoint in the code
>> for linksubmit that creates the span
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Greg
>>

>> On 09/07/2011, at 10:07 AM, Taha Hafeez <ta...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> LinkSubmit is rendered as a span around the element you have specified as
>>> linkSubmit. So my guess is that the class attribute will be present in
>> the
>>> span around the anchor link.
>>>
>>> regards
>>> Taha

>> t:context="${value}">${value}<**

>>> --
>>> regards
>>> Tawus

Posted by Taha Hafeez <ta...@gmail.com>.

<gr...@liftyourgame.com>wrote:

> Taha,
>
> Strangely I'm not seeing the span despite hitting a breakpoint in the code
> for linksubmit that creates the span
>

> Regards,
>
> Greg
>

> On 09/07/2011, at 10:07 AM, Taha Hafeez <ta...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > LinkSubmit is rendered as a span around the element you have specified as
> > linkSubmit. So my guess is that the class attribute will be present in
> the
> > span around the anchor link.
> >
> > regards
> > Taha
> >

> > On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 5:30 AM, Greg Pagendam-Turner
> > <gr...@liftyourgame.com>wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have a submit component that uses LinkSubmit.
> >>
> >> I want to set the class attribute on the generated link.
> >>
> >> <a t:type="linksubmit" class="btn orange"
> t:context="${value}">${value}<**
> >> /a>
> >>
> >> But when the link is rendered I only get:
> >>
> >> <a id="linksubmit" href="#"></a>
> >>
> >> What happened to the class attribute?
> >>
> >> The documentation states that LinkSubmit supports informal parameters.
> >>
> >> I'm using Tapestry 5.2.6
> >>

> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Greg.

> > --
> > regards
> > Tawus
> > tawus.wordpress.com

regards
Tawus
tawus.wordpress.com

Re: LinkSubmit not rendering class attribute

Posted by Greg Pagendam-Turner <gr...@liftyourgame.com>.
Taha,

Posted by Taha Hafeez <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi

<gr...@liftyourgame.com>wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> I have a submit component that uses LinkSubmit.
>
> I want to set the class attribute on the generated link.
>
> <a t:type="linksubmit" class="btn orange" t:context="${value}">${value}<**
> /a>
>
> But when the link is rendered I only get:
>
> <a id="linksubmit" href="#"></a>
>
> What happened to the class attribute?
>
> The documentation states that LinkSubmit supports informal parameters.
>
> I'm using Tapestry 5.2.6
>

> Regards,
>
> Greg.

regards