Posted to dev@unomi.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org> on 2017/01/31 03:38:11 UTC

Unomi now only has a single mentor

Unomi Podling:

Please be advised that due to a personal decision, you only have a single
mentor now, Bertrand.  I've noticed that Jean-Baptiste signs off on the
podling reports, but is not listed as mentor.  He was the champion.  I
would probably recommend adding yourself as a mentor.

John

Re: Unomi now only has a single mentor

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 9:19 AM, Serge Huber <sh...@jahia.com> wrote:
> ...JB has really been helpful, but it is true having another active mentor would be helpful too. How should we go about recruiting another mentor ?...

You could ask on the general@incubator.a.o list.

But if Unomi needs more help in specific areas (voting on releases
etc.) I can try to make myself a bit more available!

-Bertrand

Re: Unomi now only has a single mentor

Posted by Serge Huber <sh...@jahia.com>.

> On 31 Jan 2017, at 09:15, Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 4:38 AM, John D. Ament <jo...@apache.org> wrote:
>> ...Please be advised that due to a personal decision, you only have a single
>> mentor now, Bertrand...
>
> That's unfortunate as I've not been actively mentoring Unomi so far.
>
> Apologies for that - I thought I was going to use Unomi for some
> projects but that hasn't happened yet so I haven't been paying as much
> attention is I should.

That’s perfectly fine, feel free to play with it or ask questions whenever you have time :) Unomi is getting more capable every day, especially more scalable (we’ve tested it with over 5 millions profiles and over 35 millions events). The work on the new GraphQL specification at OASIS is also coming up nicely and should make integration even easier.

>> ...I've noticed that Jean-Baptiste signs off on the
>> podling reports, but is not listed as mentor.  He was the champion.  I
>> would probably recommend adding yourself as a mentor....
>
> Agreed, that's an oversight as JB has been doing the actual mentoring work.

Yes JB has really been helpful, but it is true having another active mentor would be helpful too. How should we go about recruiting another mentor ?

> John, I have added jbonofre to
> https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/ppmc/unomi but I don't see how to add
> him as a mentor, how does that work?
>
> JB, and Unomi team, if that works for you I'm happy to stay on as a
> "backup mentor", not paying much attention by default but happy to be
> called for help as needed. For example by using the [mentor] tag in
> message subject lines.

Bertrand I would love to keep you around :) Let me know if I can help in any way possible.

Regards,
  Serge…

Re: Unomi now only has a single mentor

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Bertrand,

It sounds good to me if the Unomi team is OK.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofr�