Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Olle Hallin <ol...@hit.se> on 2009/09/17 15:15:38 UTC

Re: [Announce] ioko-tapestry-commons-1.4.0

Hi!

I just made an attempt to introduce the Ioko tapestry-caching library in our
project, but stumbled on the fact that we already use EhCache. (We use
tapestry-cache 1.5.0)

(Manifested as an exception from ContentCacheImpl.<init> when it tries to
create the CacheManager instance.)

I then tried to build my own version of the ContentCache service, hoping
that it would replace the one in the Ioko CacheModule. But Tapestry then
complains that there is more than one implementation of that interface.

I then tried to decorate the ContentCache service built by CacheModule, but
that does not prevent the original service from being started.

For us it would be valuable with some mechanism where one can inject an
already running
CacheManager into the Ioko ContentCacheImpl.

Another feasible solution would be to provide our own implementation, and
*prevent* the Ioko instance to start. Is it possible to prevent builder
methods in other modules from being executed?

Any ideas?

Olle Hallin
Senior Java Developer and Architect
olle.hallin@crisp.se
www.crisp.se

Posted by Olle Hallin <ol...@hit.se>.
Gee, super!

Thanx,
Olle

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.

Posted by Olle Hallin <ol...@hit.se>.
Yes, it is because dual EHCaches.

We don't use disk persistence, so we haven't modified the diskStore
attribute in ehcache.xml.
So starting the next CacheManager instance causes a collision on this.

I also want to avoid having duplicate config files for EHCache, so I wrote a
custom CacheContentImpl which uses the already existing CacheManager. I
swapped it by means of Tapestry's service override mechanism. Works like a
charm!

Olle

Posted by Ben Gidley <be...@gidley.co.uk>.
Hi,