Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by George Pitich <ge...@yahoo.com> on 2010/04/14 02:39:06 UTC

transaction controller overall time

i'm using transaction controller and am confused where to read "overall time taken to perform the nested test elements" once my test finishes (running jmeter in nongui mode with -l switch (log file)). do i just load the log file (.jtl) into summary/aggregate listener or do i need log file in csv format which requires additional processing?

many thanks,
g.

Re: transaction controller overall time

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
You can load into any listener or you can style the log file with XSLT or
you can log in CSV and open it in excel.

regards
deepak

Posted by James Hill <ev...@gmail.com>.
You need to have the "Generate Parent Sample" option checked. This will give you an overall time for tall the child elements contained in the parent transaction controller.

I think the logs can then be loaded in the summary/agg listener. You won't see timings for individual requests nested in the transaction controller though. I log everything in CSV format though and drop everything into a mysql DB, then analyse from there.

Regards,
James.