Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Daniel Ritchey <ri...@hotmail.com> on 2002/04/01 22:56:25 UTC

The Comprehensive Java Archive Network

www.cpan.org

Hahahaha, one of the better ones today in my opinion.  I do wish there
really was a cjan ...

RE: The Comprehensive Java Archive Network

Posted by Brian Tol <br...@imagegroup.com>.
> I would be completely against putting anything related to CJAN on
SF.net.

> But that is my own very biased opinion.

I don't think we're tied that tightly to SF. It's worked pretty well,
but if something better came along, I personally won't mind moving the
project.

I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on why CJAN shouldn't remain at SF.

Thanks,
Brian

Brian Tol
briant@imagegroup.com
www.imagegroup.com
www.wiremine.org

Re: The Comprehensive Java Archive Network

Posted by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 4/2/02 9:03 AM, "Michael Davey - Sun UK Support Engineer"
<mi...@Sun.COM> wrote:

> Yes.  It is my personal hope that the CJAN developers will enhance JJAR such
> that it becomes the reference implementation for a CJAN client, with JJAR
> continuing to be hosted by Apache, and the server-side being developed on
> SourceForge.  This would of course require the backing of the Jakarta
> community ;)

I would be completely against putting anything related to CJAN on SF.net.

But that is my own very biased opinion.

-jon

Re: The Comprehensive Java Archive Network

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
Are there any plans/designs yet for JJAR enhancements? I've been playing
with it as an idea for use internall at work and home and am starting to
edge towards a list of enhancements I'd like to add.

Can I look to add other features for CJAN while I'm making my own ones?

My personal aim for JJAR is to make it usable as an internal repository
that links to deployments. One of the things I'd like to then do is chain
JJARs so that the company one uplinks to a CJAN one and developers don't
even have to integrate the jars, but rather use a CJAN tool to suck down
into the local JJAR repository and it's managed from there into each
project via ant. Other internal jar's are placed into the JJAR from the
projects via ant.

Hen

Posted by Michael Davey - Sun UK Support Engineer <mi...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
I noticed this yesterday Michael after wondering 'who really does own
cjan.org'. Have you investigated the JJAR component with respect to cjan?

[I've joined your mailing list and will attempt to slowly catch up on your
docs etc. ]

Posted by Michael Davey - Sun UK Support Engineer <mi...@Sun.COM>.