Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by steve poling <sd...@i2k.com> on 2010/01/13 19:41:33 UTC

Reopen PDFBOX-483?

Andreas, I am using the trunk version (like before). And I have
commented out the W/W* lines from the PageDrawer.properties file (like
before). But I am seeing the same phenomena observed for PDFBOX-483.

I am doing things a little diferently. I am running PrintPDF.java, and I
have made a kludged hack to get past the PDFBOX-490 issue, but when I
print, I get just the form's lines and the AcroField text like before.
I've stepped through the code at PDFTrueTypeFont.java where my kludge
occurs and nobody's throwing exceptions or anything. (I temporarily
hard-coded a stream from the TTF file in place of the embedded stream.)

I recall that when we opened PDFBOX-490, I had commented out W/W* and I
was getting some text, just the wrong typeface. Where should I look to
see whether the clipping or whatnot responsible for the text going away
when printed. I first saw this a while back, and text was rendering OK
to the screen, just not the HP LaserJet.

smiles and cheers,

steve