Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@iguanait.com> on 2006/08/09 14:58:17 UTC

Need help in Fixed assets and calendar

Hi all,

I’m new to the OFBiz Framework and have a few questions.

I’ve read the available information but I’m still not getting some
points.
I made two fixed assets (2 rooms) and calendars for each one of them.
Then I made one product for each fixed asset.
I made a booking for each room (products) in ecommerce Website and I can
see the allocated days for each room separately in their calendars.

1. How can i see the total availability and allocation (for both rooms)
in one calendar ie. in parent fixed asset calendar (I made a parent
fixed asset for these 2 fixed assets and a calendar for it)?

2. Is it possible in the current implementation of OFBiz to have such a
functionality? Any ideas how I can implement such a calendar showing the
status of o group of fixed assets?

3. What is the benefit (or the idea behind it) of making a parent fixed
asset for other fixed assets?

4. I can assign more than one fixed asset to a product, but when booking
this product the allocation is annotated only to one of the fixed
assets, what is the possibility of having more than one fixed asset
associated to a product for?

Thanks for your help.

Bilgin

Re: Need help in Fixed assets and calendar

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@iguanait.com>.
Thanks for the reply. I was on vacation last two weeks and could not
answer.
I'd like to know one more thing:
Why for every booking you create also one workeffort?
I cannot see any use of it in this case. What is it here for ?
And also any change in the status of the workeffort "Cancelled|Declined|
Completed" is not affecting the booking ?

	Thanks and Best Regards,
	Bilgin Ibryam

Re: Need help in Fixed assets and calendar

Posted by Hans Bakker <h....@antwebsystems.com>.
Hi Bilgin,

sorry for not answering quicker, because i am travelling over europe and read
my mail only every 2-3days.

if you have a group of the same roomtypes you can give the maximum number in
the 'production capacity' of the fixed asset.  This availability of this type
of room will be shown in the calendar.

currently we did not implement this for the parent fixed asset but indeed
could be a usefull addition.

concerning your other questions about fixed assets, remember that the entity
is also used in other areas like manufacturing.

Hans Bakker
ANT Websystems Co.,Ltd (http://www.antwebsystems.com)

If you want to verify that this message really originates from
from the above person, download the public key from:
http://www.antwebsystems.com/hbakkerAntwebsystems.asc