Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "D.J. Heap" <dj...@shadyvale.net> on 2004/09/01 03:18:32 UTC

r10788 on Win32

I think there may be another problem with this commit -- it builds fine
on Win32, but it croaks with a NULL pointer dereference in
svn_utf_cstring_from_utf8_ex because get_xlate_handle_node sets node to
NULL but does not return an error in some cases -- such as not having
APR_ICONV_PATH set.

I don't know if this affects other platforms or not...?

DJ

Re: r10788 on Win32

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 22:18, D.J. Heap wrote:
> I think there may be another problem with this commit -- it builds fine
> on Win32, but it croaks with a NULL pointer dereference in
> svn_utf_cstring_from_utf8_ex because get_xlate_handle_node sets node to
> NULL but does not return an error in some cases -- such as not having
> APR_ICONV_PATH set.

Ahh, so that's why my win32 build failed almost every test last night.
I was disturbed when I saw the results on svn-breakage@ this morning.

Re: r10788 on Win32

Posted by "Peter N. Lundblad" <pe...@famlundblad.se>.
On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, D.J. Heap wrote:

> Peter N. Lundblad wrote:
> > On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, D.J. Heap wrote:
> >

> >>I think there may be another problem with this commit -- it builds fine
> >>on Win32, but it croaks with a NULL pointer dereference in
> >>svn_utf_cstring_from_utf8_ex because get_xlate_handle_node sets node to
> >>NULL but does not return an error in some cases -- such as not having
> >>APR_ICONV_PATH set.
> >>

> > Thanks. Hopefully fixed in r10796.
> >
> Yes, appears to be working fine now, thanks!  (I haven't had time to run
> through the full test suite yet, but I will tonight or tomorrow).

Phew. Seems it passes tests on various platforms now.

Regards,
//Peter

Re: r10788 on Win32

Posted by "D.J. Heap" <dj...@shadyvale.net>.