Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2016/12/09 13:46:09 UTC

[ANN] Apache Tomcat 8.5.9 available

The Apache Tomcat team announces the immediate availability of Apache
Tomcat 8.5.9.

Tomcat 8.x users should normally be using 8.5.x releases in preference
to 8.0.x releases.

Apache Tomcat 8 is an open source software implementation of the Java
Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java
WebSocket and Java Authentication Service Provider Interface for
Containers technologies.

Apache Tomcat 8.5.x is intended to replace 8.0.x and includes new
features pulled forward from the 9.0.x branch. The notable changes since
8.5.8 include:

- Improvements to SPNEGO authentication. Patches provided by Michael
  Osipov.

- Correct regression in I/O buffer handling.

- Improve handling of varargs in UEL expressions. Based on a patch by
  Ben.

Please refer to the change log for the complete list of changes:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/changelog.html

Downloads:
http://tomcat.apache.org/download-80.cgi

Migration guides from Apache Tomcat 5.x, 6.x, 7.x and 8.0.x:
http://tomcat.apache.org/migration.html

Enjoy!

- The Apache Tomcat team

RE: TR: [ANN] Apache Tomcat 8.5.9 available

Posted by MC GOWAN Thomas <th...@edf.fr>.
Many thanks! You were quick to react!
Good day

Thomas McGOWAN

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Thomas,

On 2/9/17 9:24 AM, MC GOWAN Thomas wrote:
> Is there any problem since 2017 on 8.5.X releases announcement
> system?

Possibly. I don't see any announcements on the users list since 8.5.9.
http://markmail.org/search/?q=list%3Atomcat-user+subject%3A%22%5BANN%5D+
Apache+Tomcat+8.5%22+-subject%3Aembedded+-subject%3A%22re%3A%22+-subject
%3A%22tr%3A%22+order%3Adate-backward

> I've not received the last announcement for 8.5.11 via
> announce@tomcat.apache.org (last one received was 8.5.9).

+1
http://markmail.org/search/?q=list%3Atomcat-announce+subject%3A%22%5BANN

Also not on announce@apache.org
http://markmail.org/search/?q=list%3Aapache-announce+subject%3A%22%5BANN

Also not on dev@tomcat.apache.org
http://markmail.org/search/?q=list%3Atomcat-dev+subject%3A%22%5BANN%5D+A
pache+Tomcat+8.5%22+-subject%3Aembedded+-subject%3A%22re%3A%22+-subject%
3A%22tr%3A%22+order%3Adate-backward

> http://tomcat.apache.org/oldnews.html does not display news for
> 2017 releases either.

The "oldnews" page only shows ... old news. Tomcat's front page has
the announcements you are looking for.

- -chris

commands, e-mail: dev-help@tomcat.apache.org