Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Dan at News Media Services <nm...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2019/08/28 18:51:24 UTC

Cannot eliminate O.O. hard drive icon from Mac desktop

Two ongoing challenges:
1. No matter what I try, I cannot eliminate the open office hard drive icon (picture 1) from my MacBook Pro desktop.
• If I try to drag the O.O. icon to my Applications folder, that  just creates an O.O. Alias  in the Apps folder. (picture 2)
• The O.O. hard drive icon remains on my desktop.
2. I have to reload O.O. each time I restart the Mac.

• If I restart or shut down the MacBook, my O.O. files turn into locked Word files (unless I pay Microsoft more money to update Word)
• After restarting the Mac, I have to click on the O.O. icon in the Apps folder (now a white color - picture 3) to let O.O. load.
• The O.O. icon turns its regular blue color in the Apps folder after it finishes loading O.O. At that point, all my O.O. files work again.
I appreciate any solution. Thanks.
Dan

Re: Cannot eliminate O.O. hard drive icon from Mac desktop

Posted by Dan at News Media Services <nm...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
 Thanks, Julian. Got some additional info. at O.O. forum site that hopefully resolves this issue.
    On Wednesday, August 28, 2019, 10:46:04 PM PDT, Julian Thomas <jt...@jt-mj.net> wrote:

> On Aug 28, 2019, at 14:51, Dan at News Media Services <nm...@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> 1. No matter what I try, I cannot eliminate the open office hard drive icon (picture 1) from my MacBook Pro desktop.

The list stripped off the pictures but you need to right-click the open office disk icon and select eject.

 —
jt - jt@jt-mj.net

It is wrong always, everywhere, and for anyone, to believe anything upon insufficient evidence. - William Kingdon Clifford, mathematician and philosopher

Re: Cannot eliminate O.O. hard drive icon from Mac desktop

Posted by Julian Thomas <jt...@jt-mj.net>.