Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2018/06/27 12:30:32 UTC

ADS Module with Serial transport

Hi,

I just had a look at the latest changes … I sort of had to do some catching up after all of this travelling.

@Sebastian I saw you added the serial transport to the ads module. This will add all the serial dependencies for serial transport.

Maybe we should start thinking about having the core protocol logic in one module and then produce multiple modules for the different transports.
While it’s not that bad with the serial protocol. As soon as we start using raw-socket transport this will pull in quite some stuff not everyone will want.
This could also be the place where we build driver variants such as a “read-only driver”.

Just wanted to ask you guys (not only Sebastian) what you think about that?

Chris