Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com> on 2008/10/01 02:34:37 UTC

Re: How can I build subversion which include 'http' support?

ying lcs wrote:

> Thanks. I mean using svn as a client.
>
> i try this:
>
> svn checkout http://cab.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ cab-read-only
> svn: Unrecognized URL scheme for 'http://cab.googlecode.com/svn/trunk'
>
> But I get  Unrecognized URL scheme for 'http'.  It works when it is
> 'svn://'
>
> Thank you for any pointers.

To enable http capability in the client, you need to compile it with
either the neon or serf libraries.

Re: How can I build subversion which include 'http' support?

Posted by ying lcs <yi...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 3:08 PM, Ryan Schmidt
<su...@ryandesign.com> wrote:
> Please remember to reply to all instead of just to me, so the discussion can
> happen on the mailing list where perhaps others will have suggestions for
> you.
>
> On Oct 1, 2008, at 11:48 AM, ying lcs wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 9:34 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>>> To enable http capability in the client, you need to compile it with
>>> either
>>> the neon or serf libraries.
>>
>> Thank you.  I tried what you suggested.
>>
>> $ ./configure --with-apr=../apr-1.2.8
>> --with-apr-util=../apr-util-1.2.8 --with-neon=../neon-0.28.3
>> $ make
>> $ sudo make install
>>
>> But i still get 'Unrecognized URL scheme' error.
>>
>> svn checkout http://cab.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ cab-read-only
>> svn: Unrecognized URL scheme for 'http://cab.googlecode.com/svn/trunk'
>>
>> I am using subversion 1.4.2 on ubuntu.
>
> What is the output of the configure script, specifically any lines
> containing the word "neon"? Did it find neon? Did it try to use it?
>
> Did you try serf instead? Did that not work either?
>
> What is the output of "svn --version"? It should tell you what access
> modules are installed.
>
> Finally, is the svn that you're configuring and installing the same svn that
> you're ending up running? You're not passing --prefix to Subversion's
> configure so it should be installing in the default /usr/local/bin location.
> Does "which svn" say /usr/local/bin/svn or some other location?

Ryan,

Thank you for your help. Revisit the .configure output fixes my problem.

Thank you again.

Re: How can I build subversion which include 'http' support?

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.