Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Wei Chiang <we...@kolumbus.fi> on 2001/08/11 19:56:37 UTC

Cannot find import javax.xml.bind.*

Hi,

I have a jsp page and a web application program ran OK under tomcat 3.3.  I
just switched over to 4.0b7 yesterday.  When running,  the browser complains
about not being able to include the following import:

    org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for
JSPnull/test/java/jakarta-tomcat-4.0-
b7/work/localhost/duke/jsp/_0002fjsp_0002fduke1_jsp.java:7:
Package javax.xml.bind not found in import.
import javax.xml.bind.*;

I also use JAXB 1.0ea.  And I have copied its library to $TOMCAT_HOME/lib or
webapp/duke/WEB-INF/lib.  None of these helped.

Does anyone know why the error message and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance,
Wei