Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Bing Li <lb...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/22 12:27:08 UTC

How is Data Indexed in HBase?

Dear all,

I wonder how data in HBase is indexed? Now Solr is used in my system
because data is managed in inverted index. Such an index is suitable to
retrieve unstructured and huge amount of data. How does HBase deal with the
issue? May I replaced Solr with HBase?

Thanks so much!

Best regards,
Bing

Re: How is Data Indexed in HBase?

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
I suspect you'd get better answers on the HBase in terms
of how data is indexed.

I suspect that the answer to which you should use depends
on what kinds of searching you're doing, although this seems
like an apples-and-oranges question, they're intended for
different problems.

Best
Erick