Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Steve Cohen <St...@ignitesports.com> on 2001/12/17 17:17:41 UTC

Looping in ant

I recognize that ant may not be the right place to do this, but I now
find myself in a situation where some sort of looping construct would be
very convenient

something like
<loop until="${condition}" >
... do tasks
   <sleep...>
</loop>

My use case for this is to run some test repeatedly at timed intervals.

I realize that the "until" part of this might raise some immutability
hackles, but I would even be able to live without that, just an
unconditional loop.

Is there a way to do this?  I don't see one.  I suspect someone might
have raised this before it was rejected.  If so, can someone give me a
brief update as to why it has been rejected?

Re: Looping in ant

Posted by Ken Wood <kw...@i2.com>.
Why not set up a shell script that invokes ant with the target(s)
for your test(s)? The shell script would have the loop and
sleep...