Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andres Aguado <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/16 12:30:13 UTC

Apache reverse proxy issue

Hi, although this space is for tomcat cuestion, i'd like to expose my
problem with an apache 2.2 server over win2k8, because i'm going
crazy, and if anyone could help me it'll be very appreciated.

Well, I've an apache 2.2 server over win2k8, and i want to configure
reverse proxy on it to send request to Websphere server

So, my httpd.conf file is written like this:

NameVirtualHost *:80
<VirtualHost *:80>
	DocumentRoot "C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software
Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\my_example"
	ServerName www.my_example.es
	ServerRoot "C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2"
	DirectoryIndex index.html
	ErrorLog "C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software
Foundation\Apache2.2\logs\error.log"
	TransferLog "C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software
Foundation\Apache2.2\logs\access.log"
	ProxyRequests Off
	<IfModule proxy_module>
		<Proxy *>
			Order deny,allow
			Allow from all
		</Proxy>
	</IfModule>
	ProxyPreserveHost On
	ProxyPass / https://was_server/
	ProxyPassReverse / https://was_server/
</VirtualHost>

Proxy modules enabled are mod_proxy.so and mod_proxy_http.so
But this configuration is not working.
I have not yet activated https on apache server, and want to send
http://my_example:80 to https://was_server, but and 500 internal
server error appears when i try to connect to my_example, and this
line seems to be written in error.log
[warn] proxy: No protocol handler was valid for the URL /. If you are
using a DSO version of mod_proxy, make sure the proxy submodules are
included in the configuration using LoadModule.

Could anyone help me please?

Thank you very much
Andres

Re: Apache reverse proxy issue

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2012/2/16 Andres Aguado <an...@gmail.com>:
> Hi, although this space is for tomcat cuestion, i'd like to expose my
> problem with an apache 2.2 server over win2k8, because i'm going
> crazy, and if anyone could help me it'll be very appreciated.
>
> Well, I've an apache 2.2 server over win2k8, and i want to configure
> reverse proxy on it to send request to Websphere server
>
> So, my httpd.conf file is written like this:
>
> NameVirtualHost *:80
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>        DocumentRoot "C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software
> Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\my_example"
>        ServerName www.my_example.es
>        ServerRoot "C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2"
>        DirectoryIndex index.html
>        ErrorLog "C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software
> Foundation\Apache2.2\logs\error.log"
>        TransferLog "C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software
> Foundation\Apache2.2\logs\access.log"
>        ProxyRequests Off
>        <IfModule proxy_module>

The above "If" is useless. If proxy_module is unavailable the config
parsing would fail on the "ProxyRequests" directive several lines
above.

>                <Proxy *>
>                        Order deny,allow
>                        Allow from all
>                </Proxy>
>        </IfModule>
>        ProxyPreserveHost On
>        ProxyPass / https://was_server/
>        ProxyPassReverse / https://was_server/
> </VirtualHost>
>
> Proxy modules enabled are mod_proxy.so and mod_proxy_http.so
> But this configuration is not working.
> I have not yet activated https on apache server, and want to send
> http://my_example:80 to https://was_server, but and 500 internal
> server error appears when i try to connect to my_example, and this
> line seems to be written in error.log
> [warn] proxy: No protocol handler was valid for the URL /. If you are
> using a DSO version of mod_proxy, make sure the proxy submodules are
> included in the configuration using LoadModule.
>
> Could anyone help me please?

Proxying to https:// is handled by mod_ssl, as far as I know. If you
have not enabled that module and have not enabled proxying support in
it then you are out of luck.

Anyway, your question is offtopic on this list.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko