Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Paul Speed <ps...@progeeks.com> on 2004/10/15 18:19:33 UTC

[Off-Topic] Re: java.io.tempdir Problems

It sounds like maybe there is some confusion between environment
variables and system properties.

java.io.tempdir is a system property which presumably means it can be
set on the Java command line using -Djava.io.tempdir="foo"

This is different then anything getenv() would return since those would
be environment variables.  Some of which are reflected as differently
named system properties.  For example, I think java.io.tempdir defaults
to the TEMP environment variable under Windows and perhaps TMP under
Unix or something like that.  I'd have to drill into javadocs to be sure.

-Paul