Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Harry van Rijn <ha...@raceeend-2.demon.nl> on 2008/10/24 12:46:20 UTC

Using javax.net.ssl.HttpsURLConnection

Hi,

I try to use a CXF Client.
But someone has set the System Propery to com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol.https
This results in an (Class Cast) Exception. I cannot influence this decision :(.

Does anybody know how I can force the use of  javax.net.ssl.HttpsURLConnection
for my CXF Client, without setting this global System Property?

I am thinking at how i.e. the use of the apache logger is forced
with META-INF/cxf/org.apache.cxf.Logger (file contents = org.apache.cxf.common.logging.Log4jLogger)
But I don't know how to do this with javax.net.ssl.HttpsURLConnection

Thanks in advance,

Harry van Rijn

Re: Using javax.net.ssl.HttpsURLConnection

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

I honestly don't know if there is a way short of the system property.   This
is stuff deep down in the URL code in the JVM and not really anything we have
control over.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp