Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org> on 2020/10/09 23:34:47 UTC

[VOTE] Apache XmlBeans 4.0.0 release (RC1)

Hi *,

I've prepared artifacts for the release of Apache XmlBeans (RC1).

The most notable changes in this release are:

* Jigsaw/JPMS support - layout of the schema classes changed - regeneration of the schema classes is recommended
* XMLBEANS-536: Increase Java 9+ compatibility
* XMLBEANS-548: XmlDocumentProperties.setStandalone is ignored when saving
* XMLBEANS-542: SAX Parsing should not fail if parser does not allow the setting of declaration-handler
* XMLBEANS-540: Prevent trim of elements when pretty print is used
* XMLBEANS-539: Support Saxon-HE 10 as an XPath engine

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/poi/xmlbeans/4.0.0-RC1/

Although we are using the xmlbeans jar now continuously in the POI build,
the RC might have some issues.
Please check if the maven dependencies are correct on various JDKs.
Another issue are potential breaking API changes - as I haven't tested the backward compatibility.

Please vote to release the artifacts.
The vote keeps open until 2020-10-15 23:00 UTC.
Planned release announcement date is Saturday, 2020-10-17.

Andi

Re: [VOTE] Apache XmlBeans 4.0.0 release (RC1)

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.
Hi,

+1

Looks good when looking at file-structures/package-contents! Thanks for all
the work here!

Thanks... Dominik

[RESULT] [VOTE] Apache XmlBeans 4.0.0 release (RC1)

Posted by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org>.
Hi Devs,

here is my +1 ... I just had quick view over the jars, I guess the documentation / bin scripts have to be adapted because of several removed utility classes, but usually the /bin scripts aren't used.

Regarding JPMS support, we need to add a description along the method which is used in POI to repackage the schema classes and add a module-info.

So we have 4x +1 from the PMCs - I'm releasing now the artifacts.

Best wishes,

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
+1
A fantastic job!