Posted to user@juddi.apache.org by la...@new-era-of-networks.com on 2002/12/06 10:08:06 UTC

[juddi-Users] UDDI4J.jar and CVS v0.6.2

The latest uddi4j.jar available for download on the uddi4j.org site seems
to be out of sync with the uddi4j.jar in the JUDDI v0.6.2 libs. Since the
uddi4j source is no longer in the v0.6.2 branch of the JUDDI CVS
repository, I thought JUDDI was using a clean jar from the uddi4j.org site.

In particular the following methods do not appear in the uddi4j.org
download:

org.uddi4j.response.BusinessInfo.setNameVector()
org.uddi4j.response.ServiceInfo.setNameVector()

Is there a more current release of uddi4j that has not been made available
for download? Is the JUDDI development team making changes to the uddi4j
source?

Thanks for any clarification,

Lance Waterman
Sybase - eBD

RE: [juddi-Users] UDDI4J.jar and CVS v0.6.2

Posted by Steve Viens <st...@inflexionpoint.com>.
Lance,

I've been working with the UDDI4j guys over the past week to implement
the methods missing from the UDDI4j jar file. I am still not using a
clean uddi4j jar but will probably be within the week (as soon as Ozzy
from IBM makes one last correction). The methods that you mention have
been added to the UDDI4j source in CVS but a new uddi4j.jar has not been
created yet (again, pretty soon I'm sure).

When running the server I suggest that you use the uddi4j.jar that's
part of the jUDDI distribution. It only includes changes to the
DispositionReport at this point - it's based off of the UDDI4j source
that's currently in CVS.

You should be fine using the 'clean' uddi4j.jar on a client.

Sorry for the incovience - I understand the way you're using jUDDI and
I'm sure it's a pain for you.

I have basically thrown out the individual getter/setter methods for
accessing Result information within DispositionReport and replaced it
with getResultVector/setResultVector methods. This is the same approach
that Ozzy from IBM/UDDI4j team is taking as well so if your code works
with the uddi4j.jar that comes with jUDDI then you should be all set
when a new UDDI.jar is created (althogh, the UDDI4j guys are going to
depricate the getter/setter methods that I simply deleted).

I've included the source to my altered copy of DispositionReport.

... Sorry to ramble.

Steve

Steve Viens
Senior Consultant