Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2016/10/08 19:45:33 UTC

[VOTE] Second release candidate for hbase-1.1.7 (RC1) is available

The second HBase 1.1.7 release candidate (RC1) is available at git tag
1.1.7RC1 (e7ee6fa) and for download at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.1.7RC1/ , and Maven
artifacts are also available in the temporary repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1154 .

The detailed source and binary compatibility report for this release with
respect to the previous is available for your review at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.1.7RC1/1.1.6_1.1.7RC1_compat_report.html​.
There are no reported binary compatibility issues and one minor source
compatibility issue introduced deliberately as a bug fix as HBASE-16721.

The 29 issues resolved in this release can be found at
https://s.apache.org/lxHL .

Signed with my code signing key D5365CCD.

Please try out the candidate and vote +1/0/-1. This vote will be open for
at least 72 hours. Unless objection I will try to close it Friday, October
14, 2016 if we have sufficient votes.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: [VOTE] Second release candidate for hbase-1.1.7 (RC1) is available

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.
+1

* checked sigs and sums
* checked source against commit hash
* checked source builds binaries
* spot check of LICENSE/NOTICE looks fine
* compatibility report doesn't show any surprises

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
+1
Checked signature and hash.
Built binary from src tgz.
Ran it. Loaded it w/ data. Confirmed all loaded.
Layout looks good.
Poked around in shell. Looks good.
Layout seems fine.

St.Ack

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@apache.org>.
+1.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.
+1 , to be clear

[RESULT] [VOTE] Second release candidate for hbase-1.1.7 (RC1) is available

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.
With four +1s including my own and no 0 or -1 votes, this vote passes and we have 1.1.7.

Thanks to all who voted on the release candidate.