Posted to infrastructure-dev@apache.org by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net> on 2012/08/08 19:53:11 UTC

AOO Redirection / DNS Related JIRA Issues

Hi Infra,

The AOO PPMC has several JIRA issues related to HTTP redirection and DNS that need attention.

INFRA-4624
INFRA-4906
INFRA-5041
INFRA-5112

Is there anything that the podling can do to move these forward?

Is there anything that I can do to help?

Are these all properly clarified in the comments?

Thanks & Regards,
Dave

Re: AOO Redirection / DNS Related JIRA Issues

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
Addressed on IRC

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
On Aug 8, 2012, at 11:23 AM, Dave Fisher wrote:

> Hi Tony,
>
> On Aug 8, 2012, at 11:05 AM, Tony Stevenson wrote:
>
>> Dave if you want to provide us with a patch file against the zone we can more easily review and apply that.
>> Thats likely a 2 min job for someone, as opposed to reading all 4 JIRA, assimilating the information and executing the changes.
>
> Great. I'll see what I can do in the next 24-48 hours.

Well, I'm rather clueless about where to find the source in order to make these patches. I looked where the Foundation STATUS file made me think it might be, but that is just the site and site-tools. No DNS or http configs.

I think I am following out of date documentation I have no time to navigate it, please tell me the proper path and I will try, but until otherwise I'm unable to help.

Regards,
Dave

>> Plus we are usually very grateful for all patches - as it saves us time.
>
> Understood.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>

>> On 8 Aug 2012, at 18:53, Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Infra,
>>>
>>> The AOO PPMC has several JIRA issues related to HTTP redirection and DNS that need attention.
>>>
>>> INFRA-4624
>>> INFRA-4906
>>> INFRA-5041

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi Tony,

Posted by Tony Stevenson <to...@pc-tony.com>.
Dave if you want to provide us with a patch file against the zone we can more easily review and apply that.
Thats likely a 2 min job for someone, as opposed to reading all 4 JIRA, assimilating the information and executing the changes.

Plus we are usually very grateful for all patches - as it saves us time.

On 8 Aug 2012, at 18:53, Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi Infra,
>
> The AOO PPMC has several JIRA issues related to HTTP redirection and DNS that need attention.
>
> INFRA-4624
> INFRA-4906
> INFRA-5041
> INFRA-5112
>
> Is there anything that the podling can do to move these forward?
>
> Is there anything that I can do to help?
>
> Are these all properly clarified in the comments?
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Dave

Tony