Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/01/23 11:45:08 UTC

[Ws Wiki] Update of "Synapse" by PaulFremantle

Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by PaulFremantle:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Synapse

- = Apache Synapse =
+ = Synapse =
  == Introduction ==
- Apache Synapse is a mediation framework for Web Services. Synapse allows messages flowing through, into, or out of an organization to be mediated, including aspects such as:
+ Synapse is a mediation framework for Web Services. Synapse allows messages flowing through, into, or out of an organization to be mediated, including aspects such as:
   *	Logging, service lookup, performance mediation
   *	Versioning, failover, monitoring
   *	Fault management, tracing
@@ -13, +13 @@

  == Status ==

- We are currently aiming for a first Milestone release. The release target will support:
+ Synapse is a project incubating in Apache.
+
+ We have released a first Milestone M1. The release will supports:
   * Simple mediation based on regex and xpath rules
   * Onbound routing of messages
   * Deploy simple Java mediators to perform logging, routing, message transform etc
   * XSLT transformation of messages
   * Stages and in/out handling of messages
+
+ The release is available for download at: http://www.apache.org/dist/ws/synapse/M1/

  The next milestone may include such aims as:
   * Improved management, security (authorization, authentication, schema validation)