Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Reynold Xin <rx...@apache.org> on 2016/06/17 04:49:04 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.6.2 (RC1)

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version
1.6.2!

The vote is open until Sunday, June 19, 2016 at 22:00 PDT and passes if a
majority of at least 3+1 PMC votes are cast.

The tag to be voted on is v1.6.2-rc1
(4168d9c94a9564f6b3e62f5d669acde13a7c7cf6)

https://home.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-releases/spark-1.6.2-rc1-bin/

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/pwendell.asc

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1184

https://home.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-releases/spark-1.6.2-rc1-docs/

=======================================
== How can I help test this release? ==
=======================================
If you are a Spark user, you can help us test this release by taking an
existing Spark workload and running on this release candidate, then
reporting any regressions from 1.6.1.

== What justifies a -1 vote for this release? ==
This is a maintenance release in the 1.6.x series.  Bugs already present in
1.6.1, missing features, or bugs related to new features will not
necessarily block this release.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.6.2 (RC1)

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@japila.pl>.
+1

Pozdrawiam,
Jacek Laskowski
----
https://medium.com/@jaceklaskowski/
Mastering Apache Spark http://bit.ly/mastering-apache-spark

Posted by Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com>.

Posted by Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com>.
-1 (non-binding)

Posted by Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com>.
While we wait on the resolution of the test issue, I've created rc2.

This vote is now canceled in favor of rc2.

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Docker Integration Tests failed on Linux:

http://pastebin.com/Ut51aRV3

Here was the command I used:

mvn clean -Phive -Phive-thriftserver -Pyarn -Phadoop-2.6 -Psparkr
-Dhadoop.version=2.7.0 package

Has anyone seen similar error ?

Thanks

Posted by Jonathan Kelly <jo...@gmail.com>.