Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2013/10/27 18:04:23 UTC

Building Ant on JDK 8

Hi,

I've downloaded Build 113 of JDK8 since we've had some reports about
incompatibilities on the Gump list and I wanted to double check.

Compilation works fine but I get test errors I don't see on JDK7:

* all javadoc JUnit tests error out.  It looks as if javadoc in JDK 1.7
  used to create the target directory even if javadoc failed and it now
  no longer does - this currently triggers an IllegalStateException when
  Ant checks whether it needs to postprocess the javadocs - I'll fix the
  code to be more robust (no javadocs created means nothing to check)

* the apt JUnit tests fail because the tests no longer compile:

      [apt]
      /home/stefanb/dev/ASF/ant-core/trunk/src/etc/testcases/taskdefs/apt/DistributedAnnotationFactory.java:18:
      error: package com.sun.mirror.apt does not exist
      [apt] import com.sun.mirror.apt.AnnotationProcessorFactory;

  and more of this.  I'm not familiar enough with the apt tooling to
  find a proper replacement without searching around for long.

Re: Building Ant on JDK 8

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2013-10-27, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> Compilation works fine but I get test errors I don't see on JDK7:

in addition it looks as if quite a few javadoc warnings are errors now,
building the apidocs fails and the count stopped with 100 warnings and
100 errors.

Stefan