Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Liu Ted <te...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2019/03/23 01:54:40 UTC

回复:Re: Establishing an Events PMC?

Hi Rich, A big +1.
To scale out, we may also refer to how Arduino Day operates 659 events in 106 countries on March 16 2019. I helped out and participated Arduino Day 2019 - Beijing. Please see more details in https://day.arduino.cc/

Best regards,

Ted Liu,
ASF Member, Sponsor Ambassador, Incubator PMC Member

  2019 年 3 月 23 日周六 1:00,Rich Bowen<rb...@rcbowen.com> 写道:

On 3/22/19 12:59 PM, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> I like the idea especially the roadshow first to establish a beachhead.  I
> would add that a collocated event might be ok in some circumstances too as
> a first landing.

Yes, I just added collocated as a category in the document I'm working
on. Thanks for that reminder.

Re: 回复:Re: Establishing an Events PMC?

Posted by Ross Gardler <ro...@gardler.me>.
To follow up Ted's proposal I think it would be a really good idea for some folks to look at models for scaling like the Arduino model Ted links to. The organizer of DevOps Days is a day job colleague, I'm sure she would be happy to chat with someone about what has worked and what has not.

I wonder if Ted would be willing to interview a few people like this and write up the findings for us?

Ross

Yes, you can absolutely count on me to help in any way possible. I'd love to be a part of closing the loop on what we started all those years ago. I've been much less active recently it would be an honor to help you kick of the next stage.

Ross

To scale out, we may also refer to how Arduino Day operates 659 events in 106 countries on March 16 2019. I helped out and participated Arduino Day 2019 - Beijing. Please see more details in https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fday.arduino.cc%2F&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7C774ee88b43b7452088d908d6af341152%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636889035491353769&amp;sdata=vSPVxDZhPDZK0zhBc9CGNhQh85PsQDSzRH%2BddK19NlU%3D&amp;reserved=0

Posted by Ross Gardler <ro...@gardler.me>.

To scale out, we may also refer to how Arduino Day operates 659 events in 106 countries on March 16 2019. I helped out and participated Arduino Day 2019 - Beijing. Please see more details in https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fday.arduino.cc%2F&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7C586ed0cd64754d8cf99508d6af328e09%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636889028990000250&amp;sdata=hANvCxFPhYvJVAD%2FHg%2BfW3tWAMbRQ5TQ1M82CNkTIHM%3D&amp;reserved=0