Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Wayne Heaney <wa...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/21 17:24:10 UTC

Question regarding date conditions/row expirations on Dynamic Tables

 I'm trying to build a Dynamic table that will be updated when records
haven't been touched for a certain period of time. This is a unique case in
that no event is touching the record, yet I want it to trigger an event
based on when a date comparison result changes based on my table's
continuous query.

I've posted the question to StackOverflow and it hasn't gotten any traction
yet. Here's the SO question with a lot more detail:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/56227783/is-there-a-way-to-define-a-dynamic-table-comprised-of-entries-that-have-not-been

Thanks,
Wayne

Re: Question regarding date conditions/row expirations on Dynamic Tables

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Wayne,

Long story short, this is not possible with Flink yet.
I posted a more detailed answer to your question on SO.

Best, Fabian