Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Dawn Raison <dz...@lemur.co.uk> on 2021/01/30 13:44:46 UTC

Netbeans + Prolog

Hi folks,

As part of my AI and AI Programming module this coming semester, we'll
be doing a fair chunk of Prolog experimentation + development, and I'd
really like to use NB for this if possible. I really don't fancy
learning a new editor and a new language at the same time.

I've had a bit of a scout about, and there are lots of 10 year old posts
on the subject of integrating NB and Prolog, but nothing newer pops up
than a stray plugin claiming to be for NB 7.1, but it's homepage is long
gone so I can't verify it's veracity.

There is this -
https://platform.netbeans.org/tutorials/60/nbm-prolog.html, but the
links to other resources at the bottom are all long dead too.

Does anyone have experience of setting anything up like this within NB?
Happy to work on a shared plugin and bring it up to 12.x compatibility
if anyone has any pointers to do so?

Thanks,

Dawn Raison

Re: Netbeans + Prolog

Posted by Oliver Rettig <Ol...@orat.de>.
Hi Dawn,

the tutorial  describes how to make Syntax-Highlighting with the Schliemann tool but this is
dead. I think Syntaxhighlighting+FileType-Def in netbeans for Prolog should be very easy to
implement by TextMate.

We have some students at the DHBW-Karlsruhe working on Netbeans-Support of our DSL
"prepro". This is based on LSP but this is much more complex but this way  looks also very
promising.

I also think about tooling for AI programming with java and netbeans for our students. So I
am interested in what your are planed and your experiences. We have expierences with DL4J
and we think about to try mlib.

best regards
Oliver

---