Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com> on 2010/12/01 09:25:03 UTC

Re: [jr3] One Project

 > Although I do
> think they should be and stay part of the Jackrabbit umbrella.

i'm not aware of any plans to move either of the modules mentioned
angela

Re: [jr3] One Project

Posted by Ard Schrijvers <a....@onehippo.com>.
Hello Thomas,

Without replying in line below, I am wondering whether you did see
Jukka's mail from some time ago  [1] (actually send twice):

'[jr3] Rethinking our Jackrabbit 3.0 roadmap'

I am not in a position to judge it well enough (I will chime in when
discussion touches my knowledge areas), but before going into the
questions you ask yourself below, I think first, the way jr3 will be
developed should be addressed. So, I think, this discussion should
first be about the proposal Jukka made in his mail.

Regards Ard

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jackrabbit-dev/201011.mbox/%3C9C0FC4C8E9C29945B01766FC7F9D389816BFCB0D6A@eurmbx01.eur.adobe.com%3E

--
Hippo
Hippo USA Inc  • 755 Baywood Drive  • Second Floor  • Petaluma, CA  •

Re: [jr3] One Project

Re: [jr3] One Project

Posted by Ard Schrijvers <a....@onehippo.com>.
On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 9:25 AM, Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com> wrote:
>> Although I do
>>
>> think they should be and stay part of the Jackrabbit umbrella.
>
> i'm not aware of any plans to move either of the modules mentioned
> angela

Me neither. I think I might have mis-interpreted the OT remark in the
first mail from Alexander that he would favour to move the remoting
modules. I think he already made clear that this was not his
intention.

Regards Ard

Re: [jr3] One Project

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 01.12.2010, 09:25 +0100 schrieb Angela Schreiber:
> > Although I do
> > think they should be and stay part of the Jackrabbit umbrella.
>
> i'm not aware of any plans to move either of the modules mentioned
> angela

I see it already cleared, but let me confirm that Sling has no intent to
grab the WebDAV modules ..  We just have modules because the Jackrabbit
ones are not usable in Sling so we just wrapped them ... Over time
there's hope that Jackrabbit modules will be directly usable in an OSGi
framework and Sling's wrapping can then be dropped.

Regards
Felix