Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by la...@mycloe.com on 2001/05/23 01:33:09 UTC

Install problems in FreeBSD 4.2

Hi,

I recently downloaded and installed jdk1.3.0_02 on a FreeBSD system. I
followed the instructions included with the jakarta-tomcat README which
indicated that I needed to set an environment variable of
JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/jdk1.3.0_02 and add $JAVA_HOME/bin to the PATH. The
instructions indicate that I should set the CLASSPATH if needed, but I do
not know if it is needed, or what it should be set to. When I try to run
./bootstrap.sh for jakarta-ant (install instructions for tomcat say it is
next step in setup of tomcat) I get:

/usr/local/jdk1.3.0_02/bin/java: /usr/bin/expr: not found
Error: can't find libjava.so.

The same messages pops up if I try to run ./build.sh for tomcat without
first installing ant.

The jdk was installed from j2sdk-1_3_1-linux-i386.bin.

How do I get past this error message to the next error message?

I have been unable to find documentation for setting this up in FreeBSD, so
if someone can point me in the direction of some, I would greatly
appreciate it.

Thanks.

Re: Install problems in FreeBSD 4.2

Posted by Guido Medina <gu...@ns2.iiac.net>.
Download the IBM Java Virtual Machine 'caused Sun's JVM is not working even
for Red Hat 7.1, I passed the same...

Guido.