Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Michael Smith <ms...@xn.com.au> on 2002/09/26 08:56:31 UTC

deltav bug report:

Hi all,

Recently discovered another bug:
I have a resource (/files/test4.xml at the moment) with two versions:
1.0 and 1.1
Doing a REPORT on this resource, I request the predecessor-set and
successor-set.

Version 1.1 has these set correctly in the response (no successors, and
one predecessor - 1.0). Version 1.0, however, has neither set.
RFC3253/3.4.2 says of the successor-set property "This property
identifies each version whose DAV:predecessor-set identifies this
version".

My code was doing various self-consistency checks, including checking
that a predecessor of a given version identified that version as a
successor, so it tripped this bug. Whilst this isn't a big deal (my code
at the moment uses predecessor-set in preference to successor-set
anyway, so I can just drop the successor-set stuff entirely), it should
probably get fixed eventually.

Regards,

Mike