Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Yannick SAUVAGE <ys...@sogitec.fr> on 2002/06/10 16:28:12 UTC

How do I parse Xml file without taking DTD and entities references into account ?

Hello,

I would like to parse a Xml file without taking DTD and entities references
in the document into account.
I've succeeded to parse the DOM without the DTD by setting the features
"http://apache.org/xml/features/nonvalidating/load-dtd-grammar" and
"http://apache.org/xml/features/nonvalidating/load-external-dtd" but I have
some problems with entities references (for example : ...&ndash;...) in the
document.
I've tried to set the feature
"http://xml.org/sax/features/external-parameter-entities" or
"http://xml.org/sax/features/external-general-entities",
but I catch SAXNotSupportedException. (I use Xerces 1.4.4).

Is there a simple manner to ignore entities references in a document ?

Thanks a lot for any help!

Yannick