Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Jan Ancajas <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/05 14:49:47 UTC

Encrypting Datasource password

Hi,

Is there a way to encrypt/obfuscate password supplied from
jetty-env.xml ? It's using DataSource implementation to pass the DB
connection settings so I'm guessing we can just plug another
implementation from there.

Thanks.

Re: Encrypting Datasource password

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 7:49 AM, Jan Ancajas <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to encrypt/obfuscate password supplied from
> jetty-env.xml ? It's using DataSource implementation to pass the DB
> connection settings so I'm guessing we can just plug another
> implementation from there.

Nothing exists as far as I know.  I asked about it on the Jetty
support list, since at that time their docs implied it was possible.
http://www.nabble.com/Obfuscated-passwords-for-JDBC-data-sources--td17713649.html

Here's the work I did on it at that time:
http://wiki.wsmoak.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?JettyPasswordObfuscation

--
Wendy