Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Rajneesh K Rajput <ra...@contata.com> on 2009/06/25 15:59:30 UTC

Myfaces 1.2.6, auto scroll feature stopped working after sometime.

We are using latest my faces i.e. 1.2.6 version along with
Tomhawk12-1.1.8.jar.

When we start server my faces auto scroll feature works perfectly but after
keep using the application it just didn't work for the same pages and after
each submit page scrolls up in the start.

I am still not able to find out the reasons why and when it starts breaking
up. I found one thing, that when it start break jsp generated source code
does not render the getScrolling() method within the java script.

By looking up source code I could only guess either afterPhase is not being
called for the pages because of some reason or my faces does not pick the
correct value for auto scroll attribute from web.xml as on various pages it
initialize my faces configuration instance if it is null.

I am not sure which one is true as on development end easily as don't know
the cause which triggers it to start breaking up.

 Web xml attributes defined as ...

    javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD
    server

		org.apache.myfaces.ALLOW_JAVASCRIPT
		true

		org.apache.myfaces.DETECT_JAVASCRIPT
		false

		org.apache.myfaces.AUTO_SCROLL
		true

Please help, if any one know the reason behind this.