Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Eric Barnhill <er...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/08 21:57:34 UTC

Multiplicity of GitBox messages

Is it the consensus outcome for the dev list, that we all receieve a large
amount of GitBox postings? Wouldn't it be better to leave it to individuals
to track the projects they want to track? I know I do this.

Apologies if I missed any prior discussions.

Eric

Re: Multiplicity of GitBox messages

Posted by Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
I agree it would be best to have people watch the repos they're interested in.

If no one objects, I'll open an infra ticket to remove dev@ from
commons-crypto updates. (Will leave it to others to update other
repos.)

--
Marcelo

Re: Multiplicity of GitBox messages

Posted by Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
I checked which mailing lists exist for commons, and it looks like
different repos are configured differently.

e.g. commons-lang has github updates going to issues@, commons-numbers
to notifications@, and a bunch, as we can see, to dev@.

As long as it's consistent, I'm ok with anything, although my personal
preference is to not send these to dev@.

On Sat, Feb 9, 2019 at 12:55 AM Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 2019-02-08, Eric Barnhill wrote:
>
> > Is it the consensus outcome for the dev list, that we all receieve a large
> > amount of GitBox postings?
>
> I think they are just hitting the wrong mailing list.
>
> We've had notifications of all commits for a long time. In fact this is
> a key ingredient for peer review. But those notifications went to a
> different list than dev@. JIRA notifications go to issues@ and judging
> from my MUA's setup commit messages used to go to
> commits@commons. Likely we just need to adjust the targets of the github
> notfications (via a ticket to INFRA). I'd treat pull requests like JIRA
> issues and send it to issues@ - or create yet another list.
>
> Stefan

Marcelo

Re: Multiplicity of GitBox messages