Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/17 05:53:51 UTC

Tomahawk 1.1.4 - STATUS

First, I could really use a co-release manager for this one.  Is
anyone interested?

I've uploaded snapshots of the release assemblies, built from the
Tomahawk 1.1.4 and Shared 2.0.4 branches:

   http://people.apache.org/builds/myfaces/tomahawk-1.1.x/

(Both the build script and the build log can be found in the
tomahawk-1.1.x/logs directory.)

Please see the release plan for more information, including how to
configure the snapshot repository so you can try these jars with your
Maven project:

   http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/TomahawkRelease114

Note that Tomahawk 1.1.4-SNAPSHOT should be used with MyFaces Core
1.1.5-SNAPSHOT.

Feedback welcome-- I'd like to hear from a few people on the dev list
before we ask users to test it.  (And I have not looked at it myself.)

--
Wendy

Re: Tomahawk 1.1.4 - STATUS

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 10/17/06, Thomas Spiegl <th...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Wendy,
>
> I can assist you. Just tell me what you need.

I added a few things to the bottom of the release plan:
   http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/TomahawkRelease114

We need to make sure that the release assemblies contain the right
things and test the Tomahawk jars in both production apps and the
example apps.  Then lets invite the users to test, but they'll have to
switch to Core 1.1.5-SNAPSHOT to do it.

There are 22 issues open that either need to be fixed on the trunk and
merged to the branch, or bumped to Fix-For 1.1.5-SNAPSHOT to indicate
we're not going to deal with them in 1.1.4.
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMAHAWK

Once Tomahawk looks good, we'll need to branch for MyFaces Core 1.1.5,
do that one, then come back to Tomahawk 1.1.4.

It would also be a good idea to add your key to
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/maven/trunk/KEYS .  (If you
haven't created one yet, there is some info here:
http://wiki.wsmoak.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ReleaseSigning )

Wendy

Re: Tomahawk 1.1.4 - STATUS

Posted by Thomas Spiegl <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi Wendy,

I can assist you. Just tell me what you need.

-Thomas

Re: Tomahawk 1.1.4 - STATUS

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 10/19/06, Scheper, Erik-Berndt <er...@sogeti.nl> wrote:

> I'm sorry that I cannot the assembly, since it requires a myfaces snapshot.
> Is a release schedule available for the new core release?

Is it the snapshot status of MyFaces Core that's stopping you, or the
lack of a proposed release archive to download and try out?  (The jars
are available in the Maven repo, you could grab them from:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/myfaces/core/myfaces-api/1.1.5-SNAPSHOT/
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/myfaces/core/myfaces-impl/1.1.5-SNAPSHOT/
)

Yes, we'll have to do Core 1.1.5 just prior to releasing Tomahawk
1.1.4 release.  We need to start a wiki page and review the open
issues for Core.  Sounds like that needs to happen sooner rather than
later.

> However, for new users it would be very nice to have a complete tomahawk distribution again.
> I.e. one archive with binaries, a second archive with sources and a third archive with the sample apps.
>
> This was the case before the move towards maven, and I have sincerely missed these recently.

Thanks for the feedback.  I think there may be an assembly already set
up for the examples, it may just be a matter of pressing the button.
If anyone is interested in investigating, there are some notes at the
bottom of the Tomahawk release plan, including a pointer to the script
I'm using.  Maybe adding a few lines will do it.

RE: Tomahawk 1.1.4 - STATUS

Posted by "Scheper, Erik-Berndt" <er...@sogeti.nl>.
Hi,

I'm sorry that I cannot the assembly, since it requires a myfaces snapshot.
Is a release schedule available for the new core release?

However, for new users it would be very nice to have a complete tomahawk distribution again.
I.e. one archive with binaries, a second archive with sources and a third archive with the sample apps.

This was the case before the move towards maven, and I have sincerely missed these recently.

Regards,

Erik-Berndt

________________________________

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.