Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Alexandre Girao <al...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/03 22:32:17 UTC

APR: patch to revision 330575 to compile under mingw properly

  I've made some effort to compile apr under mingw and i strongly hope
it's a valid effort, the attached patch was generated today (
2005-11-03 ), with revision 330575, i also want to know the best
policy to suggest improvements since i have plans to use apr for
personal projects.

thanks in advance,
Alexandre Girao

Re: patch to revision 330575 to compile under mingw properly

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.
Alexandre Girao wrote:
>   I've made some effort to compile apr under mingw and i strongly hope
> it's a valid effort, the attached patch was generated today (
> 2005-11-03 ), with revision 330575,

Hi - I'm not an APR committer, but took a look at this, because I've
wondered about a mingw-apr in the past.

There's lots of spurious whitespace-only changes in this patch - you should
avoid this, so that the actual code changes aren't made hard to find amongst
this background noise.

Also, (picking out one thing that seemed truly bizarre) - why on earth:?

+#if APR_HAS_FORK
+#if APR_HAS_FORK
+#if APR_HAS_FORK

Kind of redundant, wouldn't you agree???

Max.