Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Abhijat Thakur <ab...@bdnacorp.com> on 2001/04/30 22:19:03 UTC

Maintaining Session

Hi,

I am new to SOAP and this might sound a very basic question. How can we
maintain session when we call any service from the client side. Does the
SOAP API provide any class to do that or any documentation where i can read
about it.

Thanks a lot

Abhijat Thakur

DOM5...

Posted by Gus Delgado <gu...@netquotient.com>.
...Wrong Document,
I'm getting that error on my client, has anyone run into that

DOM5 Wrong Document.

thanks
gus

"

=====
email: vivek@soaprpc.com
web  : http://www.soaprpc.com

Re: Maintaining Session

Posted by David Wall <dw...@Yozons.com>.
> For how long is the session valid? Does the session finish as soon as the
> response is sent back from the service on the server to the client? When
or
> how would this session expire or how long does the session persist?

This is based on Tomcat's session since Apache SOAP runs within it (or
possibly another servlet container).  So, the questions is mostly related to
how your servlet container handles sessions, and it should work with the
latest changes if you use the cookies that are part of the response.  In
Tomcat 3.2.2, the timeout for a session is defined in the web.xml file for
your webapp (in this case, for the SOAP webapp).

David

Re: Maintaining Session

Posted by David Wall <dw...@Yozons.com>.

RE: Maintaining Session

Posted by Abhijat Thakur <ab...@bdnacorp.com>.
Hi Vivek,

Thanks. I did look at example and source code but i am not clear on
something?

For how long is the session valid? Does the session finish as soon as the
response is sent back from the service on the server to the client? When or
how would this session expire or how long does the session persist?

I am implementing access control so in my scenario once the client makes the
first service request session is created and then for any subsequent
requests to any service the session should be maintained. Is that a
possibility?

Thanks a lot

Abhijat Thakur

RE: Maintaining Session