Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <mw...@pironet-ndh.com> on 2005/06/13 10:38:29 UTC

[OT] new lines with XSL-FO

Hi guys,

I've currently the problem, that I have one <fo:block> ...</fo:block> that contains my text.

something like:
"Hello World

a new line"

The stuff get's rendered (by using Apache FOP) like "Hello World a new line"

How do I have to modify my text that I see for the text in my PDF file like:
"Hello World

a new line"

If I would like to render that text as HTML, I have to write something like

"Hello World<br/>
a new line"

So how am I able to do this with XSL FO ?

Thanks for any help, and sorry for to OT stuff ...

Regards,
Matthias

Re: [OT] new lines with XSL-FO

Posted by Pierre-Yves Landuré <py...@dorigo.fr>.
here is my solution :

    <fo:block>
            Hello World
            <fo:inline
font-stretch="ultra-condensed">&#160;</fo:inline><fo:block/>
             a new line
    </fo:block>

the font-stretch is to minimize the space width for not breacking alignement
and it is not in the <fo:block/> to realy simulate a <br/>

<fo:block>&#160;</fo:block> will simulate <br/> <br/> afaik.

Pierre-Yves

Re: [OT] new lines with XSL-FO

Posted by Daniel Appelt <da...@gmail.com>.
Another possibility would be to use something like

<fo:block>&#0160;</fo:block>

to insert an empty line of text. &#0160; is the numerical UTF-8 entity
for a non-breaking space.

Regards,
Daniel

Re: [OT] new lines with XSL-FO

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Please see here: http://xml.apache.org/fop/fo.html#fo-preformat

HTH

On 13.06.2005 10:38:29 Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I've currently the problem, that I have one <fo:block> ...</fo:block> that contains my text.
>
> something like:
> "Hello World
>
> a new line"
>
> The stuff get's rendered (by using Apache FOP) like "Hello World a new line"
>
> How do I have to modify my text that I see for the text in my PDF file like:
> "Hello World
>
> a new line"
>

> If I would like to render that text as HTML, I have to write something like
>
> "Hello World<br/>
> a new line"
>
> So how am I able to do this with XSL FO ?
>
> Thanks for any help, and sorry for to OT stuff ...

Jeremias Maerki