Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Jon Russell <jr...@media-publisher.com> on 2004/05/12 23:39:17 UTC

NTEventLogAppender event ID customization?

Hi,

I've seen a number of threads on the web about people wondering how to change the event id so that it isn't always 4096 when log4j logs to the Windows application log.

I haven't seen anyone who has a solution to this problem that is a part of log4j.  (And would be curious to know if one is planned?)  As a result, my company will be making some customizations to allow individual events to be logged with an appropriate non-4096 event ID as necessary.

Assuming this is an enhancement no one is working on now, I'd like to plan on submitting the source (java and dll) for consideration to be rolled into log4j.

Thanks for your help,
Jon
______________________________________
JON RUSSELL | Engineering Manager
jrussell@media-publisher.com | 415-812-4504 (cell)

Media Publisher, Inc.
2105 Martin Luther King Jr. Way, 2nd Floor, Berkeley, CA 94704-1108 USA
phone 510-548-4400  fax 510-548-4404
www.media-publisher.com <http://www.media-publisher.com/>

Re: NTEventLogAppender event ID customization?

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.
NTEventLogAppender has been neglected for a long time. Any face lifting or
even more serious overhaul would be highly appreciated.

--
Ceki Gülcü