Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Mu...@cognizant.com on 2016/01/04 12:30:20 UTC

Zeppelin Connection Refused Error

Hi User,

I have been running zeppelin. While everything seems to be fine [Zeppelin build was fine, Zeppelin was running, etc], when I am running any query from the zeppelin notebook, I am getting the following error:

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method) at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:350) at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:206) at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:188) at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392) at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:589) at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSocket.open(TSocket.java:182) at org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.remote.ClientFactory.create(ClientFactory.java:51) at org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.remote.ClientFactory.create(ClientFactory.java:37) at org.apache.commons.pool2.BasePooledObjectFactory.makeObject(BasePooledObjectFactory.java:60) at org.apache.commons.pool2.impl.GenericObjectPool.create(GenericObjectPool.java:861) at org.apache.commons.pool2.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericObjectPool.java:435) at org.apache.commons.pool2.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericObjectPool.java:363) at org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.remote.RemoteInterpreterProcess.getClient(RemoteInterpreterProcess.java:139) at org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.remote.RemoteInterpreter.getFormType(RemoteInterpreter.java:255) at org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.LazyOpenInterpreter.getFormType(LazyOpenInterpreter.java:104) at org.apache.zeppelin.notebook.Paragraph.jobRun(Paragraph.java:198) at org.apache.zeppelin.scheduler.Job.run(Job.java:169) at org.apache.zeppelin.scheduler.RemoteScheduler$JobRunner.run(RemoteScheduler.java:320) at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Could anyone help in solving this issue, I have searched a lot about this in google. But, nothing seems to be working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance,
Snehit
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email, and/or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Where permitted by applicable law, this e-mail and other e-mail communications sent to and from Cognizant e-mail addresses may be monitored.

RE: Zeppelin Connection Refused Error

Posted by Mu...@cognizant.com.
Hi Jungtaek,

I some figured it out..I still don't know what I did..:P

Regards,
Snehit
________________________________
Seems like Zeppelin can't connect remote interpreter (for example, spark).
Could you restart the interpreter which is bound to notebook and try again?

Hope it helps.

Thanks,
Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)

--
Name : Jungtaek Lim
Blog : http://medium.com/@heartsavior
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email, and/or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Where permitted by applicable law, this e-mail and other e-mail communications sent to and from Cognizant e-mail addresses may be monitored.

RE: Zeppelin Connection Refused Error

Posted by Mu...@cognizant.com.
Hi Moon,

As said by you, I have checked the logs directory and came to know what the error is. Thanks moon, for the quick response.

Actual error is "when we are mentioning ZEPPELIN_OPTS variable with -Dhdpxxxxxxx value" in 'zeppelin-env.sh' file...we are getting error.

But, when we commented it.....it was working fine.

Thanks,
Snehit

Posted by Vinay Shukla <vi...@gmail.com>.
What version of Zeppelin are you using? Is the interpreter against Spark
standalone or Spark on YARN?

Thanks

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.